Let’s just get real for a second here. I know that we all love watching the Barefoot Contessa make macaroons seem as easy as making toast, but in real life, we generally have no time for fancy frills on the dessert front. So if you’re like me, and can’t stand wasting time in the kitchen, then I’d like to welcome you to your new favourite recipe. Peppermint Crisp Tart – Caramel? Check! Cream? Check! Chocolate? Check! Peppermint? Check! It’s easy peasy, and to die for.
Peppermint Crisp Tart:
• 1 can of Caramel Treat
• 1 large Peppermint Crisp chocolate bar
• 250ml cream
• 1 packet of tennis biscuits
– Beat your cream until it forms stiff peaks.
– Add the caramel and beat again, until smooth.
– Keep the chocolate in it’s wrapper and break into small pieces – use a rolling pin if necessary.
– Using a large dish, or martini glasses as I’ve used here, begin with a layer of biscuits, then a layer of the cream/caramel mixture, then shiver and shake of the broken up peppermint crisp chocolate.
– Repeat until the mixture is finished. (Pretty sure you’re gonna be licking out the bowl at this point)
– Place in the fridge, preferably over night, but I made one one Sunday and it set in about 5-6 hours, with a small stint in the freezer at one stage.
Photo by Ricardo Lorence Photography